• Read these instructions carefully.
• Failure to follow them and/or improper installation may cause
explosion, property damage, and injuries.
• Installation must be done with the supervision of a licensed burner
• The system must meet all applicable national and local code re-
• Check the ratings given in the specifi cations and on the Double
Shutoff Valve to make sure that it is suitable for your application.
• Never perform work if gas pressure or power is applied, or in the
presence of an open fl ame.
• Protect surfaces. Make sure that seals and O-rings are clean and
in good condition.
• Once installed, perform a complete checkout including a gas leak
• Label all wires prior to disconnection when servicing the Double
Shutoff Valve. Wiring errors can cause improper and dangerous
• Verify proper operation aft er servicing.
• The main gas supply must be shut off before starting the installa-
• Examine the Double Shutoff Valve for shipping damage.
• The inside of the Double Shutoff Valve, the fl anges, and piping
must be clean and free of dirt.
• Remove all dirt and debris before installing the Double Shutoff
Valve. Failure to remove dirt/debris could result in valve damage
or improper performance.
100 200 400
Flow (cfh) of natural gas sp. gr. 0.65 at 60 F
RECOMMENDED PROCEDURE TO MOUNT THE FLANGES
• Use new, properly reamed and threaded pipe free of chips.
• Apply good quality pipe sealant, putting a moderate amount on the
male threads only. If pipe sealant lodges on the valve seat, it will prevent
proper operation. If using LP gas, use pipe sealant rated for use with LP
• Do not thread pipe too far. Valve distortion and/or malfunction may
• Apply counter pressure when screwing the pipe into the fl anges.
• Apply a parallel jaw wrench only to the fl ats on the fl ange.
• Do not overtighten the pipe. Follow the maximum torque values listed
NPT pipe size
375 560 750 875 940 1190